The Daily News Service, the competitive edge you need. Insightful information about lotteries, vendors and the people who lead them -- Click Here


Want to know more than the headlines
Sign-up Now!

Return to Index

The World-Wide Lottery Guide is brought to you with the compliments of


Maltco Lotteries Limited
Address: Hal Mann Buildings, 2nd Floor, Saint Michael Street, Iklin BZN 11 Malta.
E-mail Address:
Phone: +356 2388 3000
Fax: +356 2142 2157
Population: 401,880 (est. 2007)
CEO: Vasileios Kasiotakis
Year Lottery Founded: 2004
Sales FY 2014:
Sales FY 2015:
EUR 87,527,320
EUR 83, 560, 428
Number of Employees: 67
Points of Sale (POS) 246
On-line Vendor: Intralot S.A.
Internet Gaming System: N/A
Instant Ticket Vendor: N/A
Games Offered: Super Five, lotto and scratchers (instant tickets) are offered, while sports betting and keno will be launched in the near future.
Jurisdiction: Malta

Background Information

Limited has an exclusive licence to operate all National Lottery games in Malta. The company is currently operating most of the games which previously fell under the responsibility of the Department of Public Lotto. These games include the Super 5 lottery, the Lotto, and instant lotteries (Scratchers). In the coming months a number of new games will also be offered.
The licence was issued by the Ministry of Finance (Article 26 (3) of the Lotteries and Other Games Act, 2001). Besides privatising the national lotteries, the Act also paved the way for the establishment of the Lotteries and Gaming Authority, which regulates the industry.
MALTCO was set up in 2004 with a 73% shareholding by INTRALOT S.A. and the remaining 27% is owned by high profile Maltese businessmen .
INTRALOT is a global leader in the design, development, operation, and support of integrated games and transaction processing systems. The company currently ranks third on revenues amongst integrated lottery systems suppliers worldwide.

News Archive for CY2018
September 22, 2018 Maltco Lotteries Launch New Unique Numerical Game
July 27, 2018 Maltco Lotteries Partner with Ogilvy on Market Research Study
July 4, 2018 Maltco Lotteries Generates Revenue of €92.6 Million
July 3, 2018 Global Lottery Monitoring System Welcomes Maltco Lotteries Ltd within the GLMS Family
March 15, 2018 Maltco Lotteries in “2018 Year of Retail”
March 14, 2018 Maltco Offers Agents Financial Aid to Upgrade Their Points of Sale
February 12, 2018 Malta Gaming Authority to Investigate All Italian Licence Holders after 'Several Reports' from the Italian Authorities
February 12, 2018 Maltco Lotteries’ Partnership with Sweden’s ATG Remains Exclusive for Malta

News Archive for CY2017
November 19, 2017 Maltco Lotteries Supports “Tetra ghall-Istrina” Campaign

News Archive for CY2016
March 11, 2017 Maltco Lotteries Launch New Corporate Website
November 19, 2016 Maltco Lotteries Win Malta Gaming Award for Corporate Social Responsibility
October 18, 2016 Maltco Lotteries Release Their Corporate Social Responsibility Publication
October 13, 2016 Maltco Lotteries Launch New Game: Ambo on Super 5
September 9, 2016 Malta First to Offer Skill Game Licence
April 13, 2016 Maltco Lotteris Provides Helping Hand to Local Community Through Its Corporate Social Responsibility, and Responsible Gaming programmes

News Archive for CY2015
December 29, 2015 Lottery Operator Loses Bid to Stop Gaming Authority from Issuing Similar Licences
September 30, 2015 Lottery Warns of Conman Dealing in ‘Fake’ Lottery Tickets
September 12, 2015 Maltco Participates in the European Week of Sports Awareness 2015
June 10, 2015 Maltco Lotteries: The Journey So Far
May 20, 2015 Maltco Lotteries makes another millionaire! The Grand Lottery Jackpot won
March 16, 2015 Quick Keno: The Instant Game of Playing & Winning, Still Gaining Popularity
March 10, 2015 The Evolution of Scratch Tickets in Malta
February 19, 2015 Maltco offers a new way with more chance to win


This site is optimized for Explorer 4.0 & above and a monitor resolution of 1280 x 1024.
Please adjust your screen accordingly.
Interplay Multimedia Pty. Ltd.disclaims all liability for information provided within Lottery Insider.
Data supplied by named sources.
Associated Press content is Copyrighted by The Associated Press.
All other news articles are owned by their respective publishers.